Bye weeks are in full swing in Week 8 with six teams missing in action. With this many teams on bye, there are going to be some tough decisions that Fantasy Football owners are going to have to make. Let our 2017 Fantasy Football Week 8 Rankings help you make those tough decisions.
In Week 7, we saw some pretty bad football and in Week 8 it might not get much better with two games having an over/under of 37.5. These two games are the Dolphins-Ravens and Vikings-Browns. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they are under.
As usual, I will be covering the injuries you need to know about for Week 8, but I want to mention one in the intro here and that is the injury to Joe Thomas. He already had his consecutive snap streak end at an amazing 10,363 when he went down Sunday. Just think about for a minute, 10,363 snaps, that is 167 games straight that he never missed a snap. Now he won't be able to play the rest of the season due to a torn tricep. This doesn't affect Fantasy owners directly, or much at all cause it is the Browns, but I felt like I had to give the spotlight to an all-time great player.
Teams on bye this week: Arizona, Green Bay, Jacksonville, Los Angeles Rams, New York Giants, Tennessee.
2017 Fantasy Football Week 8 Rankings
Each week I will be giving some notes for things you will want to keep an eye on as the week progresses. It will be mostly injury related, but anything that could affect the rankings, that we know about, will be mentioned. Then you can come back and review the rankings as lineup lock get closer.
- Marshawn Lynch is not injured, but he is suspended for a game after pushing a ref.
- Jason Peters, another great offensive lineman, is going to miss the rest of the season. This is going to affect the Eagles run game, what little of it there is.
- C.J. Prosise re-injured his ankle in Week 7 and at this point is very questionable to play in Week 8.
- Carson Palmer broke his arm and is out indefinitely.
- Jeremy Maclin is questionable with a shoulder injury.
- Mike Wallace suffered a concussion and is unlikely to play on the short week.
- Dan Bailey is out with a groin injury. Dallas signed Mike Nugent to replace him.
- Emmanuel Sanders is still dealing with his ankle injury. Right now being listed as questionable.
- Golden Tate wants to play but is unlikely to play in Week 8 with his shoulder injury.
- On the other side for the Lions, Kenny Golladay is looking like he is going to play this week but monitor this situation.
- Charcandrick West should return this week after missing Week 7.
- DeVante Parker has already missed two weeks and it will be tough to get him back on the field in a short week.
- Stefon Diggs is still dealing with his groin injury and has missed two weeks now.
- Willie Snead was a surprise inactive last week after dealing with his lingering hamstring injury. Keep an eye on him this week to see if he can suit up.
Check out the rest of our 2017 Fantasy Football content from our great team of writers.