Welcome back for a look at some 2020 Fantasy Football Week 6 IDP Rankings! Bye Weeks are coming fast. Both scheduled and surprise Bye Weeks. This week the Seattle Seahawks, Las Vegas Raiders, Los Angeles Chargers, and the New Orleans Saints are all on Bye.
With those four teams on Bye you're without Jamal Adams (DB), Bobby Wagner (LB), K.J. Wright (LB), Jonathan Abram (DB), Cory Littleton (LB), Maxx Crosby (DL), Kyzir White (LB), Kenneth Murray (LB), Joey Bosa (DL), Nasir Adderly (DB), Malcolm Jenkins (DB), Chauncey Gardner-Johnson (DB), Demario Davis (LB), and Cameron Jordan (DL) amongst others.
As we move further into the season it'll become increasingly more important to set the best lineup possible to accumulate wins towards a playoff push. I'm here to help with these rankings and some injury insight heading into next week. Here's a list of players to monitor throughout the week.
Injuries of note and to monitor throughout the week:
- Chandler Jones, LB/DL of the Arizona Cardinals is doubtful with a bicep injury
- Yetur Gross-Matos, DL of the Carolina Panthers is questionable with an ankle injury
- Brian Burns, DL/LB of the Carolina Panthers is questionable with a concussion
- Sam Hubbard, DL of the Cincinnati Bengals is questionable with an elbow injury
- Benardrick McKinney, LB of the Houston Texans was placed on IR with a shoulder injury and is out for the season
- Darius Leonard, LB of the Indianapolis Colts is questionable with a groin injury
- Myles Jack, LB of the Jacksonville Jaguars is questionable with an ankle injury
- Josh Allen, DE of the Jacksonville Jaguars is questionable
- Micah Kiser, LB of the Los Angeles Rams is questionable with groin and shoulder injuries
- Lorenzo Carter, LB of the New York Giants ruptured his Achilles and is out for the season
- Kwon Alexander, LB of the San Francisco 49ers is questionable with an ankle sprain
— NFL (@NFL) October 11, 2020
There are a few names above that spark significant interest beyond the injured player themselves. Those players are Darius Leonard, Benardrick McKinney, Micah Kiser, Lorenzo Carter, and Kwon Alexander.
Darius Leonard missed last week's contest and both Bobby Okereke and Anthony Walker both shined in his absence. Should Leonard miss another week (which I would consider likely) both Okereke and Walker can be started. If Leonard plays Okereke can be started with tempered expectations. Walker should be on your bench or dropped.
Benardrick McKinney missed Week 5 with a shoulder injury and was later placed on IR. Since he's set to miss the remainder of the season, a player to keep an eye on is Tyrell Adams. He filled in for McKinney and racked up 13 Tackles (7 Solo). The only reason he wasn't in my IDP Waiver Wire this week was that I thought McKinney would be back this coming week. However, this isn't the case.
Micah Kiser missed Week 5 with groin and shoulder injuries and Troy Reeder filled in phenomenally and is a must-start should Kiser miss Week 6.
Lorenzo Carter's Achilles rupture opens the door for Markus Golden to have a larger role. Last year he was a top DL and looks to repeat that throughout the remainder of the season.
Kwon Alexander being hurt is pretty on par with how his career has played out. Which is a shame because Alexander was a favorite of mine early in his career and led my first ever IDP squad to my first championship in a Fantasy IDP League. However, should he miss time, which I assume he will, Dre Greenlaw is a must-add and warrants start consideration.