Welcome to the 2021 Fantasy Football Week 12 Defense Stream-O-Matic!
Below are the results from teams that were below 60% rostered on Yahoo when we published the Week 11 Stream-O-Matic. This is the real reason most of you are here anyway!
I am so embarrassed by the results of the stream teams below, but I still stand by the process.
The Houston Texans picked off Ryan Tannehill four times, sacked him twice and recovered a fumble!
The Kansas City Chiefs just held Dak Prescott and the Dallas Cowboys offense to nine points while recording five sacks, two interceptions and a fumble recovery. Don't look now but the Chiefs have not allowed an opponent to score 20 points in a game in the month of November (Giants, Packers, Raiders, Cowboys)!
The Green Bay Packers defense had looked much better in the five weeks leading up to their matchup with the Minnesota Vikings and the Washington Football Team just shut down Tom Brady's Bucs.
Don't even get me started on how disappointed I am in the Los Angeles Chargers defensive efforts this season.
As we move forward, our results should continue to improve as data becomes more reliable and isn't based on small sample sizes.
Click here to view the scatter plot with all of the teams from Week 11! While it was flat, Stream-O was much better when looking at the entire league.
The Arizona Cardinals and Kansas City Chiefs are on bye weeks.
I am now using weighted DVOA in the scoring below.
I hope this experiment can be helpful when deciding between tough options. Good luck!
Thanksgiving Day Games
Chicago Bears at Detroit Lions
Las Vegas Raiders at Dallas Cowboys
Buffalo Bills at New Orleans Saints
2021 Fantasy Football Week 12 Defense Stream-O-Matic
Manage all your Fantasy teams in every league in just one place. Sign up to use the FantasyPros My Playbook.
I use a traditional rotisserie scoring style commonly used in Fantasy Baseball season-long leagues to give point totals to each team.
The categories for the chart are listed below along with links to websites that I use to find this data.
- Rost%: Roster percentage based on Yahoo Fantasy Football leagues. This gives us an idea of who is available. This doesn’t factor into the standings.
- Location (Home): Generally speaking, defenses play better at home than on the road. A five-point bonus is given to all home teams.
- Vegas (Opp Implied): Using Vegas odds, the spread and over/under generates an implied points total for each team. This game score portrays what the game flow could look like and, therefore, which Fantasy Football defenses are in a good position to succeed.
- Pressure (Opp Prss%): Thanks to Pro Football Reference, we have access to advanced passing statistics. We are focused on pressure percentages allowed here which includes QB hurries, hits and sacks.
- Weighted DVOA: Probably the most popular tool for evaluating defenses, the DVOA efficiency ratings are utilized to give a strong baseline to the rankings.
- Proj: I used Yahoo Week 12 projections for this column. It is added as a bonus and not scored like roto for all the other columns.
2021 Fantasy Football Week 12 Defense Stream-O-Matic Chart
|Score||Team||Rost%||Opp||Home||Weighted DEF DVOA||Weighted OPP OFF DVOA||Opp Prss% Allowed||Opp Implied||Proj|
max score with home-field five-point bonus but without projection bonus is 131
median score - 76
Click here for more Fantasy Football content