Welcome to the 2021 Fantasy Football Week 9 Rankings!
Week 8 we saw a ton of upsets, specifically led by backup quarterbacks. Mike White led the Jets to an improbable win over the Bengals. Also threw for 400 yards and three touchdowns in the process. Cooper Rush and the Cowboys beat the Vikings on SNF. Geno Smith looked real good defeating the Jags, maybe not as surprising. And Trevor Siemian took over for Jameis Winston and was able to help take down the Buccaneers.
Speaking of Jameis Winston, he is one of a few major injuries to come out of Week 8. Winston is out for the year with a torn ACL. So it might be Taysom Hill time or maybe they stick with Siemian who looked solid Sunday (They are starting Siemian).
Of course, the biggest injury is Derrick Henry. It is a major blow for the Titans and Fantasy Managers who were likely riding him atop the standings. The Tians have since signed Adrian Peterson. I guess you have to at least try to go get him in your leagues, but nobody should expect too much from AP at this point.
Not injury-related, but the Falcons and Fantasy Managers will be without Calvin Ridley indefinitely. He is taking time away from football to take care of himself. It is a tough blow for everyone, but we all hope Ridley can come out on the other side of this and return to being the football player we all know he can be.
Teams on bye this week: Lions, Seahawks, Buccaneers, Football Team
If you play in IDP leagues, check out Bob Van Duser's Week 9 Rankings.
2021 Fantasy Football Week 9 Rankings
Each week I will be giving some notes for things you will want to keep an eye on as the week progresses. It will be mostly injury-related, but anything that could affect the rankings, that we know about, will be mentioned. Then you can come back and review the rankings as lineup lock get closer.
- Kyler Murray is questionable with an ankle injury.
- Latavius Murray is questionable with an ankle injury.
- Terrace Marshall is questionable trying to recover from a concussion.
- Christian McCaffrey is still on the IR with a hamstring injury, but should practice this week.
- Sam Darnold is recovering from a concussion and is questionable.
- Damien Williams is questionable with a knee injury.
- Dak Prescott is questionable with a calf injury.
- Michael Gallup is still on IR, but close to returning.
- Noah Fant is on the COVID-IR and it out for Week 9.
- Robert Tonyan is out for the season with a torn ACL.
- Davante Adams is expected to return from the COVID-IR this week.
- Tyrod Taylor is really close to being activated from the IR.
- James Robinson is questionable with a heel injury.
- Taysom Hill is questionable recovering from a concussion.
- Kadarius Toney is questionable after suffering a laceration on his hand.
- Kenny Golladay is questionable with a knee injury.
- Saquon Barkley is questionable with an ankle injury.
- Sterling Shepard is questionable with a quad injury.
- Corey Davis is questionable with a hip injury.
- George Kittle is on IR but should start practicing this week.
- Deebo Samuel is questionable with a calf injury.
- Julio Jones is questionable with a calf injury.
Check out the rest of our 2021 Fantasy Football content from our great team of writers.