Every week of the 2022 MLB campaign, the Fantasy Baseball Rest of Season Rankings will be updated for the Top-350 players overall. Some recent injury updates and the “3-up, 3-down” movers of the week will also be included.
As most already know, bullpen situations are ever-evolving for many clubs around the league. The rankings will be updated accordingly but also stay up to date with our Closer Chart. Be sure to also regularly check out Dave Eddy’s Dynasty Baseball Rankings.
- Lucas Giolito (CWS) has been mowing them down with ease since returning from a two-week stint on the IL. Across his last 15.2 innings, the towering righty has struck out nearly 41-percent of the batters he has faced. He is currently the leader in K% (40.5) among all pitchers with at least 15.0 IP this year.
- Tommy Edman (STL) put up a strong .292/.393/.458 slash line with three homers, seven steals, and 18 runs scored through his first 113 plate appearances of the campaign. The number that really stands out is his 12.4 BB% when compared to the career 5.5-percent mark he recorded over his first 306 MLB games.
- Over the first month of the 2022 season, Jazz Chisholm Jr. (MIA) has been nothing short of a superstar on the offensive side. The dynamic 24-year-old posted a .975 OPS with 14 extra-base hits and six stolen bases across 96 plate appearances before going into play this week.
— Bally Sports Florida: Marlins (@BallyMarlins) April 30, 2022
- Following his monstrous 2021, Salvador Perez (KC) has yet to really get it going so far this year. The seven-time All-Star is hitting around .200, slugging around .400, and striking out 28.8-percent of the time through 26 games. All of those are well off career norms.
- Trevor Story (BOS) has not come close to living up to the $140MM contract he received from the Red Sox this past offseason. The 29-year-old shortstop has yet to hit his first homer of the season and currently carries an ugly .545 OPS after 105 plate appearances.
- Tyler Mahle (CIN) has not been getting it done for the historically bad Reds. He turned in a nice effort in a win over the Braves on Opening Day, but since then, Mahle has largely struggled. Over his last 25.2 innings, he has limped to a 7.71 ERA, 1.68 WHIP, and 12.6 BB%.
- Kris Bryant (back) continues to rehab his ailing back and will not return to the Rockies lineup until at least this upcoming Friday.
- Evan Longoria (hand) has already gotten into five rehab games and expects to join the Giants by this weekend.
- Andrew Vaughn (hand) recently received a cortisone shot to help with the swealing in his hand. He is eligible to return from them IL later this week, but it remains in question if he will.
- Kyle Lewis (knee) has already played four rehab games for Triple-A Tacoma. He is expected to spend another couple of weeks in the minors before returning to the Mariners.
- Shane Baz (elbow) threw live batting practice Monday as the next step in his rehab process. He is still on track to return from the 60-day IL in the first week of June.
2022 Fantasy Baseball Rest of Season Rankings
*Note about the rankings. Use the Position Eligibility drop-down to filter by site you play on. Also +/- you see in the ECR column is not how much I have moved them up or down. It is how much more or less I like the player against the Fantasy Pros expert consensus.