Welcome to the 2022 Fantasy Football Week 13 Defense Stream-O-Matic!
According to Yahoo Fantasy Football transaction trends, the Seattle Seahawks (@Rams) and Cleveland Browns (@Texans) were the most added defenses after waivers cleared. The Miami Dolphins (@49ers) and Kansas City Chiefs (@Bengals) were the most dropped defenses.
Seattle's defense just surrendered 40 points to the Las Vegas Raiders and got steamrolled by Josh Jacobs. However, Bryce Perkins led the Rams offense (sans Matthew Stafford and Cooper Kupp and now without Allen Robinson) to just 10 points against the Chiefs last week. The rookie quarterback was sacked three times and threw two interceptions. Uchenna Nwosu leads the Seahawks with seven sacks. Tariq Woolen leads the secondary with five interceptions - good for second in the NFL behind the now-injured C.J. Gardner-Johnson.
Cleveland's defense has not been good this season, but the return of quarterback Deshaun Watson, going up against his former team, should light a fire under the entire locker room. A matchup with the Houston Texans has proven to be the best matchup in recent weeks with both the Washington Commanders and Miami Dolphins nearly scoring 20 Fantasy points. Each team recorded five sacks, two interceptions and a defensive touchdown. Myles Garrett leads the Browns with 10 sacks. The Browns have just three interceptions on the season.
Stream-O-Matic Week 12 Results
I hope this experiment can be helpful when deciding between tough options. Good luck!
2022 Fantasy Football Week 13 Defense Stream-O-Matic
For direct access to our Award-Winning analysts and to keep the conversation going, join our Discord by becoming an F6P All-Access member!
I use a traditional rotisserie scoring style commonly used in fantasy baseball season-long leagues to give point totals to each team.
The categories for the chart are listed below along with links to websites that I use to find this data.
- Rost%/Start%: Roster percentages based on Yahoo Fantasy Football leagues. This gives us an idea of who is available. This doesn’t factor into the standings.
- Location (Home): Generally speaking, defenses play better at home than on the road. A five-point bonus is given to all home teams.
- Vegas (Opp Implied): Using Vegas odds, the spread and over/under generate an implied points total for each team. This game score portrays what the game flow could look like and, therefore, which Fantasy Football defenses are in a good position to succeed.
- Pressure (Opp Prs%): Thanks to Pro Football Reference, we have access to advanced passing statistics. I focused on pressure percentages allowed here which includes QB hurries, hits and sacks.
- DVOA: Probably the most popular tool for evaluating defenses, the DVOA efficiency ratings are utilized to give a strong baseline to the rankings. We are now using Weighted DVOA!
- Proj: I used Yahoo Week 13 projections for this column. It is added as a bonus and not scored like roto for all the other columns.
2022 Fantasy Football Week 13 Defense Stream-O-Matic Chart
|Score||Team||Rost%||Start%||Opp||Def DVOA||Opp Off DVOA||Opp Prss% Allowed||Opp Implied||Proj|
bye weeks - Cardinals, Panthers
max score with home-field five-point bonus but without projection bonus is 131
median score was 66
Check out our Fantasy Football Week 13 Expert Rankings!