Welcome to the 2022 Fantasy Football Week 17 Defense Stream-O-Matic!
Congratulations to all of you who are still utilizing this tool in search of a Fantasy Football Championship! We hope that the Stream-O-Matic has been a helpful and important tool for you this season.
Good luck in your Finals matchups and we hope to see you crowned League Champion (and for you to win all of the money of course)!
Stream-O-Matic Week 16 Results
The Week 16 Stream-O-Matic rankings finished #1 overall according to FantasyPros Expert Consensus Rankings Accuracy and we now rank as the top overall in season-to-date defense rankings!
I hope this experiment has been helpful when deciding between tough options. Good luck in your championship matchups. See you next year!
2022 Fantasy Football Week 17 Defense Stream-O-Matic
For direct access to our Award-Winning analysts and to keep the conversation going, join our Discord by becoming an F6P All-Access member!
I use a traditional rotisserie scoring style commonly used in fantasy baseball season-long leagues to give point totals to each team.
The categories for the chart are listed below along with links to websites that I use to find this data.
- Rost%/Start%: Roster percentages based on Yahoo Fantasy Football leagues. This gives us an idea of who is available. This doesn’t factor into the standings.
- Location (Home): Generally speaking, defenses play better at home than on the road. A five-point bonus is given to all home teams.
- Vegas (Opp Implied): Using Vegas odds, the spread and over/under generate an implied points total for each team. This game score portrays what the game flow could look like and, therefore, which Fantasy Football defenses are in a good position to succeed.
- Pressure (Opp Prs%): Thanks to Pro Football Reference, we have access to advanced passing statistics. I focused on pressure percentages allowed here which includes QB hurries, hits and sacks.
- DVOA: Probably the most popular tool for evaluating defenses, the DVOA efficiency ratings are utilized to give a strong baseline to the rankings. We are now using Weighted DVOA!
- Proj: I used Yahoo Week 17 projections for this column. It is added as a bonus and not scored like roto for all the other columns.
2022 Fantasy Football Week 17 Defense Stream-O-Matic Chart
|Score||Team||Rost%||Start%||Opp||Def DVOA||Opp Off DVOA||Opp Prss% Allowed||Opp Implied||Proj|
max score with home-field five-point bonus but without projection bonus is 133
median score was 80
Check out our Fantasy Football Week 17 Expert Rankings!