Welcome to the 2022 Fantasy Football Week 3 Defense Stream-O-Matic!
The Indianapolis Colts have been such a letdown this season and now have the pleasure of hosting Patrick Mahomes and the Kansas City Chiefs offense. If you don't want to drop them you can hold on for next week when they face the Tennessee Titans.
The Cincinnati Bengals somehow managed to lose to a Cooper Rush-led Dallas Cowboys team. They forced zero turnovers and only sacked him once. Despite only allowing 37 points to two bad offenses in the first two weeks of the season, they are not even on my radar against the New York Jets in Week 3, despite a top 10 ranking in the table below.
Last week, the Baltimore Ravens defense ranked high on the table vs the Miami Dolphins. However, I said and I quote: "If Tua manages to complete 37 passes on Sunday, as Flacco did, this game will easily clear the 44.5 over/under."
Tua completed 36 passes and we all know how that one ended.
However, this week Baltimore ranks near the bottom of the chart, but face the New England Patriots. This is a matchup worth targeting if you still have the Ravens defense on your roster or want to wait until the last minute to decide on which defense to play.
This week's most added defense is sure to be the Houston Texans going up against the Chicago Bears.
Thankfully, this early in the season, most rosters will not feature multiple defenses so you should have some pretty good options available to you.
Stream-O-Matic Week 2 Results
I hope this experiment can be helpful when deciding between tough options. Good luck!
2022 Fantasy Football Week 3 Defense Stream-O-Matic
For direct access to our Award-Winning analysts and to keep the conversation going, join our Discord by becoming an F6P All-Access member!
I use a traditional rotisserie scoring style commonly used in fantasy baseball season-long leagues to give point totals to each team.
The categories for the chart are listed below along with links to websites that I use to find this data.
- Rost%/Start%: Roster percentages based on Yahoo Fantasy Football leagues. This gives us an idea of who is available. This doesn’t factor into the standings. I will update these numbers after waivers clear
- Location (Home): Generally speaking, defenses play better at home than on the road. A five-point bonus is given to all home teams.
- Vegas (Opp Implied): Using Vegas odds, the spread and over/under generate an implied points total for each team. This game score portrays what the game flow could look like and, therefore, which Fantasy Football defenses are in a good position to succeed.
- Pressure (Opp Prs%): Thanks to Pro Football Reference, we have access to advanced passing statistics. I focused on pressure percentages allowed here which includes QB hurries, hits and sacks.
- DVOA: Probably the most popular tool for evaluating defenses, the DVOA efficiency ratings are utilized to give a strong baseline to the rankings.
- Proj: I used Yahoo Week 2 projections for this column. It is added as a bonus and not scored like roto for all the other columns.
2022 Fantasy Football Week 3 Defense Stream-O-Matic Chart
|Score||Team||Rost%||Start%||Opp||DEF DVOA||Opp OFF DVOA||Opp Prs% Allowed||Opp Implied||Proj|
max score with home-field five-point bonus but without projection bonus is 133
median score was 75
Check out our Fantasy Football Week 3 Waiver Wire!