Welcome to the 2022 Fantasy Football Week 4 Defense Stream-O-Matic!
This post is coming to you a day later as I learned that our advanced passing stats from Pro Football Reference do not fully update until Wednesday! I was trying to push this report out prior to waivers but it seems like that will not be possible moving forward. However, the table should be more accurate, which is more important! I don't recommend using waiver priority on defense anyway.
That being said, what the hell was that performance by the Los Angeles Chargers defense?! Yikes.
The New York Giants defense let Cooper Rush look like Pats-era Tom Brady on Monday Night Football. They generated such little pressure while on the other side of the ball, the offensive line was just letting the Cowboys defenders hunt Daniel Jones within seconds of snapping the football. Absolute domination on both sides of the ball.
Stream-O-Matic Week 3 Results
I hope this experiment can be helpful when deciding between tough options. Good luck!
2022 Fantasy Football Week 4 Defense Stream-O-Matic
For direct access to our Award-Winning analysts and to keep the conversation going, join our Discord by becoming an F6P All-Access member!
I use a traditional rotisserie scoring style commonly used in fantasy baseball season-long leagues to give point totals to each team.
The categories for the chart are listed below along with links to websites that I use to find this data.
- Rost%/Start%: Roster percentages based on Yahoo Fantasy Football leagues. This gives us an idea of who is available. This doesn’t factor into the standings.
- Location (Home): Generally speaking, defenses play better at home than on the road. A five-point bonus is given to all home teams.
- Vegas (Opp Implied): Using Vegas odds, the spread and over/under generate an implied points total for each team. This game score portrays what the game flow could look like and, therefore, which Fantasy Football defenses are in a good position to succeed.
- Pressure (Opp Prs%): Thanks to Pro Football Reference, we have access to advanced passing statistics. I focused on pressure percentages allowed here which includes QB hurries, hits and sacks.
- DVOA: Probably the most popular tool for evaluating defenses, the DVOA efficiency ratings are utilized to give a strong baseline to the rankings.
- Proj: I used Yahoo Week 4 projections for this column. It is added as a bonus and not scored like roto for all the other columns.
2022 Fantasy Football Week 4 Defense Stream-O-Matic Chart
|Score||Team||Rost%||Start%||Opp||DEF DVOA||Opp OFF DVOA||Opp Prs% Allowed||Opp Implied||Proj|
max score with home-field five-point bonus but without projection bonus is 133
median score was 79
Check out our Fantasy Football Week 3 Waiver Wire!