According to The Ringer’s most recent NBA Lottery odds, the Orlando Magic, Houston Rockets and Detroit Pistons (14%) all have the same odds to win the NBA Lottery and the top pick in the 2022 NBA Draft. For this updated mock draft, I am rolling with Tankathon‘s draft order as of April 1st.
Prior to March Madness, I shared my initial top 10 picks!
The Rockets have two first-round picks as they own the Brooklyn Nets selection. They will receive the better of the Nets/Miami Heat first-round pick. RealGM does a great job breaking down all future traded draft picks.
The Indiana Pacers have two first-round selections, after trading Caris LeVert to the Cleveland Cavaliers. The Cavs are 7-12 since the All-Star break and are now dealing with injuries to both Jarrett Allen and Evan Mobley!
The Portland Trail Blazers picked up an extra first-round pick from the New Orleans Pelicans in the CJ McCollum trade. The Pelicans are 10-7 since the break and are fighting for a play-in spot in the West, without Zion Williamson.
“When the Pelicans traded the Lakers’ 2022 first-rounder to the Grizzlies, they added top-10 protection to it, so New Orleans will get the pick if it falls between No. 1 and No. 10. If it lands between 11 and 30, Memphis will receive it.” – Hoops Rumors
The Los Angeles Lakers are 4-14 since the NBA All-Star Game.
2022 NBA Mock Draft – Final Four Edition
|Blake Wesley||Notre Dame||W|
|Malaki Branham||Ohio State||G|
|18||Wolves||E.J. Liddell||Ohio State||F|
|25||Warriors||David Roddy||Colorado State||F|
|29||Grizzlies||Patrick Baldwin Jr.||Milwaukee||F|
|Ousmane Dieng||New Zealand||F|
- I think the Houston Rockets need Jaden Ivey as they lack a floor general. Ivey should be a good fit next to Jalen Green. While he might not be their BPA at the top of the draft, I think he is the best fit for a team looking long term. However, if they do in fact land the first overall pick I do not see them passing up on both Chet Holmgren
- I want (need) to see Shaedon Sharpe and Tyrese Haliburton play together – I hope Sharpe declares for the 2022 NBA Draft
- The Thunder, Blazers and Spurs have flexibility this year with the power to trade up or trade down to collect more assets
- Bennedict Mathurin has been rising draft boards and is now a potential top 10 pick
- I still think the Knicks need to figure out their point guard situation, but forcing themselves into TyTy Washington is most likely not the answer
- It will be interesting to see just how much teams value rim protection with bigs like Walker Kessler, Mark Williams and Christian Koloko
For more NBA content check out our Fantasy Basketball page!