Welcome to the 2023 Fantasy Football Week 12 Defense Stream-O-Matic!
We have entered Thanksgiving Week and for the first time in NFL history, we will have a Black Friday football game!
There are four games being played prior to Sunday, starting with the Detroit Lions hosting the first Turkey Day game against the Green Bay Packers. These aren't your drunk uncles Lions!
At 4:30 pm EST, the Dallas Cowboys are 11-point favorites, hosting the Washington Commanders. The over/under is set at 48.5 points - the highest of the four games.
In Primetime, we get the Seattle Seahawks and San Francisco 49ers. The Niners are 6.5-point road favorites!
On Black Friday, we get a 3:00 pm EST kickoff on Amazon Prime from MetLife Stadium with the New York Jets hosting the Miami Dolphins.
I hope this tool will be helpful when deciding between tough options this season. Last year, I was tracking the results of the Defense Stream-O-Matic, uploading its rankings to FantasyPros. It turned out to be the most accurate ranking of defenses through Week 17!
The more in-season data we get, the more accurate the tool becomes!
Stream-O-Matic Week 11 Results
2023 Fantasy Football Week 12 Defense Stream-O-Matic
Become an All-Access Member to get access to our Award-Winning Fantasy Football Rankings, Projections, DFS/Betting Advice, Custom Advice via Discord and more. Use Promocode FFPLAYOFFS to save 25% off the rest of the season!
If you are already a member, sign in.
I use a traditional rotisserie scoring style commonly used in fantasy baseball season-long leagues to give point totals to each team.
The categories for the chart are listed below along with links to websites that I use to find this data.
- Rost%/Start%: Roster percentages based on Yahoo Fantasy Football leagues. This gives us an idea of who is available. This doesn’t factor into the standings and data will be updated after Waivers.
- Location (Home): Generally speaking, defenses play better at home than on the road. A five-point bonus is given to all home teams.
- Vegas (Opp Implied): Using Vegas odds, the spread and over/under generate an implied points total for each team. This game score portrays what the game flow could look like and, therefore, which Fantasy Football defenses are in a good position to succeed. This data will be updated later in the week to adjust for breaking news, injuries, etc.
- Pressure (Opp Prss%): Thanks to Pro Football Reference, we have access to advanced passing statistics. I focused on pressure percentages allowed here which includes QB hurries, hits and sacks.
- DVOA: Probably the most popular tool for evaluating defenses, the DVOA efficiency ratings are utilized to give a strong baseline to the rankings. FTN Fantasy has weighted DVOA that I am using for Week 12.
- ECR: The team that is ranked No.1 on FantasyPros ECR for the week gets the maximum points for the week. This data will be updated later in the week to adjust for updated rankings.
- Fantasy Points Allowed -I am now mixing in Fantasy Points Allowed as a scoring category. This gives the team facing the Giants a bump vs the defense facing the Ravens.
- Proj: I used Yahoo Week 12 projections for this column. It is added as a bonus and not scored like roto for all the other columns. This data will be updated later in the week to adjust for updated projections.
2023 Fantasy Football Week 12 Defense Stream-O-Matic Chart
|SCORE||Team||Rost||Start||Opp||Imp||DEF DVOA||Opp OFF DVOA||Prss%||FPts Allowed||ECR||Proj|
max score with home-field five-point bonus but without projection bonus is 197
median score is 104.8
Check out more Fantasy Football content