Welcome to the 2023 Fantasy Football Week 9 Defense Stream-O-Matic!
Last week, the Philadelphia Eagles managed to record just one sack against Sam Howell and the Washington Commanders offensive line. They rank 12th in DST Fantasy Points scored this season, but face the Dallas Cowboys in Week 9 before their Week 10 bye week.
After their bye, their schedule looks like this:
- Week 11 - @Chiefs
- Week 12 - Bills
- Week 13 - 49ers
- Week 14 - @Cowboys
- Week 15 - @Seahawks
I hope this tool will be helpful when deciding between tough options this season. Last year, I was tracking the results of the Defense Stream-O-Matic, uploading its rankings to FantasyPros. It turned out to be the most accurate ranking of defenses through Week 17! The more in-season data we get, the more accurate the tool becomes!
Stream-O-Matic Week 8 Results
2023 Fantasy Football Week 9 Defense Stream-O-Matic
Become an All-Access Member to get access to our Award-Winning Fantasy Football Rankings, Projections, DFS/Betting Advice, Custom Advice via Discord and more!
If you are already a member, sign in.
I use a traditional rotisserie scoring style commonly used in fantasy baseball season-long leagues to give point totals to each team.
The categories for the chart are listed below along with links to websites that I use to find this data.
- Rost%/Start%: Roster percentages based on Yahoo Fantasy Football leagues. This gives us an idea of who is available. This doesn’t factor into the standings and data will be updated after Waivers.
- Location (Home): Generally speaking, defenses play better at home than on the road. A five-point bonus is given to all home teams.
- Vegas (Opp Implied): Using Vegas odds, the spread and over/under generate an implied points total for each team. This game score portrays what the game flow could look like and, therefore, which Fantasy Football defenses are in a good position to succeed. This data will be updated later in the week to adjust for breaking news, injuries, etc.
- Pressure (Opp Prss%): Thanks to Pro Football Reference, we have access to advanced passing statistics. I focused on pressure percentages allowed here which includes QB hurries, hits and sacks.
- DVOA: Probably the most popular tool for evaluating defenses, the DVOA efficiency ratings are utilized to give a strong baseline to the rankings. FTN Fantasy has weighted DVOA that I am using for Week 9.
- ECR: The team that is ranked No.1 on FantasyPros ECR for the week gets the maximum points for the week. This data will be updated later in the week to adjust for updated rankings.
- Fantasy Points Allowed -I am now mixing in Fantasy Points Allowed as a scoring category. This gives the team facing the Giants a bump vs the defense facing the 49ers.
- Proj: I used Yahoo Week 9 projections for this column. It is added as a bonus and not scored like roto for all the other columns. This data will be updated later in the week to adjust for updated projections.
2023 Fantasy Football Week 9 Defense Stream-O-Matic Chart
*note - I am aware that the Cardinals traded Josh Dobbs to the Vikings and that Clayton Tune could be starting at QB for Arizona, not Kyler Murray. There is an obvious bump for the Browns defense but multiple categories I use rely solely on past data. The only categories that would reflect this change under center would be the Implied Total ranking, ECR and Yahoo projections. Odds are that the Browns are not a streaming option for you anyway!
The same can be said about bumping the Falcons defense against the Vikings who will be without QB Kirk Cousins and starting rookie Jaren Hall.
Matthew Stafford's thumb injury could result in a bump for the Packers defense as well.
updated 11/2 5:30 PM EST
|SCORE||Team||Rost||Start||Opp||Imp||DEF DVOA||Opp OFF DVOA||Prss%||FPts Allowed||ECR||Proj|
max score with home-field five-point bonus but without projection bonus is 189
median score is 104.5
Check out more Fantasy Football content