Welcome to The Fantasy Six Pack Hour. In this episode, A.J. Applegarth and I begin our Fantasy Baseball Position Preview. We begin with the 2018 Catcher-First Base preview.
2018 Catcher-First Base Preview
The Fantasy Six Pack Hour
2018 Fantasy Baseball
Catcher-First Base Preview
You can also right-click here and download the podcast to your device.
A.J. and I start the show by discussing some of the more recent topics.
- Yu Darvish signing with the Cubs.
- Humidor being installed in Arizona.
- ESPN and all sites have now announced how they will handle Shohei Ohtani.
- Rays sign C.J. Cron and designate for assignment Corey Dickerson.
We discuss our draft strategy for the 2018 season for how to attack the catcher position in your drafts. Should you pay up for one of the top guys or wait? If you do wait, just how far are you comfortable waiting?
Other questions we ask are:
- When are you comfortable drafting Gary Sanchez?
- Who is your No. 2 Catcher?
- How does your strategy change in two-catcher leagues?
We then each give our over and under-valued players for the upcoming season.
The strategy for this position is very polarizing, so it’s shocking that all of us agree. Find out just what that strategy is for this power-heavy position.
The questions we dig into with Jonathan are:
- How does the humidor affect Paul Goldschmidt?
- Where are you drafting breakout youngsters, Cody Bellinger and Rhys Hoskins?
- What are your thoughts on the long-time superstar, Miguel Cabrera after he struggled in 2017?
- Are you targeting Greg Bird after his late-season surge?
We finish our first base strategy the same as catcher by giving our over and under-valued players.
|2018 Fantasy Baseball Position Previews|
|Catcher||First Base||Second Base||Third Base||Shortstop||Outfield||Starting Pitcher||Relief PItcher|
Check out the rest of our great Fantasy Baseball content as the 2018 season approaches.