This is the Fantasy Edge 2023 Week 12 Podcast. This week, we do a brief recap of fantasy results from the games and the news coming out of Week 11. Plus our usual examination and critique of the Fantasy Pros waiver rankings!
And much more!
The Fantasy Edge 2023 Week 12
Manage all your Fantasy teams in every league in just one place. Sign up to use the Fantasy Pros My Playbook.
The Fantasy Edge
The Fantasy Edge 2023 Week 12
Giving you the edge for your fantasy football team...
You can also download and listen here.
In this podcast we discuss:
- Mike Tomlin said the Steelers would need more from Kenny Pickett who finished 15-of-28 for just 106 yards. Credited Cleveland when asked what his team has to do to get its offense going.
- Broncos scored their first touchdown with 1:03 remaining on a 15-yard reception by Courtland Sutton.
- Chargers lost a game by one score for the fifth time this season on Sunday while allowing Packers quarterback Jordan Love to set a career-high in passing yards.
- Josh Allen Dorsey's firing hit Allen hard, but the quarterback insisted it wasn't a sign that the offense was broken.
- Brock Purdy faced the first rough patch of his NFL career when the team lost three straight games heading into a Week Nine bye
- Commanders head coach Ron Rivera acknowledged that the team is close to bottoming out.
- Dorian Thompson-Robinson he heard the crowd chanting “DTR” toward the end of the game. DTR will start Sunday in Denver, despite the Flacco signing, per Stefanski
- Mac Jones The Patriots will come off their bye this week to take on the Giants on the road. At this point, there's not much clarity as to who will be the starting quarterback.
- Justin Fields It was a game the Bears certainly could have won, but in crunch time when the Bears needed to make a play, it was the Lions who made all the plays.
- Mike Vrabel After the game, Vrabel was asked if he thinks his job security is or is going to become an issue.
- De'Von Achane HC Mike McDaniel implied injury wasn’t serious. Said De’Von Achane is day-to-day after injuring the same knee. He said it’s not going to require surgery.
- Zach Wilson The Jets will start Tim Boyle at QB. Tim Boyle started three games with the Lions in 2021. Wilson becomes QB3
- Desmond Ridder Will start versus Saints
- Cooper Kupp suffered a low-ankle sprain on Sunday, and he'll be evaluated going forward. He did try to come back
- Kenneth Walker HC Pete Carroll told reporters that RB Kenneth Walker suffered an “oblique strain that was legit.” Walker is in danger of missing some time.
A brief recap of Week 11 and waiver wire grabs for Week 12!
The Fantasy Pros Waiver Rankings for Week 12
|Quarterbacks||Running Backs||Wide Receivers||Tight Ends|
|QB1 Baker Mayfield||RB1 Zach Charbonnet||WR1 Josh Downs||TE1 Isaiah Likely|
|QB2 Matthew Stafford||RB2 Ty Chandler||WR2 Jayden Reed||TE2 Cade Otton|
|QB3 Jordan Love||RB3 Tyjae Spears||WR3 Rashid Shaheed||TE3 Luke Musgrave|
|QB4 Gardner Minshew II||RB4 Ezekiel Elliott||WR4 Demario Douglas||TE4 Jonnu Smith|
|QB5 Derek Carr||RB5 Rico Dowdle||WR5 Odell Beckham Jr.||TE5 Michael Mayer|
|RB6 Elijah Mitchell||WR6 Noah Brown||TE6 Hunter Henry|
|RB7 Kenneth Gainwell||WR7 Jameson Williams||TE7 Donald Parham Jr.|
|RB8 Roschon Johnson||WR8 Elijah Moore||TE8 Tanner Hudson|
|RB9 Jaleel McLaughlin||WR9 Khalil Shakir|
|RB10 Tank Bigsby||WR10 Tutu Atwell|
|RB11 Leonard Fournette||WR11 Rashod Bateman|
|WR12 Zay Jones|
|WR13 Rondale Moore|
|WR14 Joshua Palmer|
|WR15 Greg Dortch|
|WR16 Darius Slayton|
Check out the rest of our 2023 Fantasy Football content from our great team of writers.