Welcome to The Fantasy Six Pack Hour Podcast. A.J. Applegarth is here as co-host with me. This week we dive into the 2020 Pitcher Preview to get you ready for the upcoming Fantasy Baseball season.
We welcome Fantasy Six Pack writer, Jonathan Chan, on the show to help us analyze the position. If you don't already make sure you follow him on Twitter @JChan_811.
Before we get started we would appreciate your support by following our YouTube Channel, following/liking us on your favorite host via Anchor. You can also support us by making a small donation to keep our costs down.
Beers of the Week
Joe: Stone Diehard Fan IPA
A.J.: Flying Dog Thunderpeel Hazy IPA
2020 Pitcher Preview
Free five-minute mock drafts against industry experts and custom analysis for your team with the FantasyPros Draft Wizard.
We go over our draft strategy for attacking the pitcher position in drafts this season. We split it up into Starting and Relief Pitchers as well for you.
Jonathan helps us answer the hottest topics/questions regarding the Pitcher position including:
- What to expect from Chris Sale now that he is already injured to start the season?
- Same for Justin Verlander now that he is injured to start the season?
- Is Gerrit Cole the hands-down No. 1 pitcher off the board?
- Max Scherzer dealt with injuries last season, and already dealing with an "ailment". How much are we worried?
- Blake Snell is apparently feeling good after getting an injection in his elbow. How much do we trust him?
- Shohei Ohtani, do you draft him only for his bat or do you boost him up your rankings to get the pitching stats too?
- Trevor Bauer entered 2019 as a top-10 pitcher but did not finish like one at all. Was his 2018, below 3.00 ERA a fluke, or will he get back to that?
- Hyun-Jin Ryu was a runner up in the Cy Young last season. Can we expect even close to the same in Toronto this season?
- Brandon Woodruff was amazing last season. Is he worth his 6th round ADP?
- Frankie Montas was suspended 80-games due to PEDs. Before that, he was one of the best pitchers in baseball. Will he return to that or were the PEDs helping that much?
- Lucas Giolito was last year's breakout pitcher. After a couple of poor seasons is this the pitcher to expect going forward?
- Josh Hader kind of faded down the stretch, perhaps due to being overworked. He is still going as the top closer off the board. Should he be?
- Archie Bradley finished strong with 18 saves in a month and a half. His ADP is still low. Why?
- Liam Hendriks was crazy good last season for the Athletics recording 25 saves from June on. Can he be the one A's closer to have repeat success?
They each give one under-rated and over-rated pitcher according to the current ADP.
Check the rest of our 2020 Fantasy Baseball content from our great team of writers.