Welcome to The Fantasy Six Pack Hour Podcast. A.J. Applegarth is here to join me as your hosts. We are here to preview the AL West for the upcoming 2021 Fantasy Baseball season.
Our guest this week is Matt Williams. Matt writer for NBC Sports Edge, host of the Turn Two Podcast and founder of Roto Fanatic. If you don't already make sure you follow him on Twitters @MattWi77iams.
Before we get started we would appreciate your support by following our YouTube Channel, following/liking us on your iTunes, Spotify or your favorite host via Anchor. You can also support us by making a small donation to keep our costs down. We are also doing these shows live, so you can find us on Twitter/Periscope, YouTube Live and Twitch Thursdays around 9 PM Eastern.
Beers of the Week
We begin each show by letting you know what we are drinking. Feel free to share with us your favorites or your thoughts on our choices on Twitter @F6P_Joe and @AppleGarthAlgar.
2021 AL West Preview
Participate in free five-minute mock drafts and get real-time live drafting advice with the Fantasy Pros Draft Wizard.
With help from Matt, we will go team-by-team in the AL West.
First, we will discuss the new arrivals for each team. Followed then by the projected lineup according to RosterResource.
Next for each team, we will ask some burning questions that Fantasy Baseball players will want to know the answer to. Below are the questions for each team.
- What can Yordan Alvarez do in his real sophomore season?
- Is Kyle Tucker finally turning into the player we all hoped?
- Is Framber Valdez worth his ADP of 97?
Los Angeles Angels
- With Mike Trout not running as much, he dropped from the No. 1 ADP. Should we be concerned about anything else with him?
- Does Shohei Ohtani move up draft boards now that he was announced to be cleared as full-go as a pitcher?
- Can Dylan Bundy continue to be successful as he was in 2020?
- Is Sean Murphy a bargain as the 11th catcher going off the board?
- Is Trevor Rosenthal the closer to trust or will it be a committee approach?
- Jesus Luzardo improved in 2020, does that warrant an ADP of around 100?
- Justus Sheffield has lost his strikeout ability but was finally consistent with his ERA. Is it enough to draft him?
- Should Kyle Seager be drafted higher considering he is a consistent power bat?
- Mitch Haniger should be healthy heading into 2021. Is he a bargain at an ADP of 345?
- Is the batting average drain worth the power that Joey Gallo can bring?
- Can David Dahl finally get his career on track in Texas?
- Is there any pitcher on the Rangers even worth monitoring as the season begins?
Check the rest of our 2021 Fantasy Baseball content from our great team of writers.