Welcome to The Fantasy Six Pack Hour Podcast. A.J. Applegarth is here to join me as your hosts. We are here to preview the NL West for the upcoming 2021 Fantasy Baseball season.
Our guest this week is Blair Williams. Blair is a writer for Razzball, Pitcher List and author of Making Japan’s National Game: A Cultural History of Baseball in Japan. If you don’t already make sure you follow him on Twitter @EverywhereBlair.
Before we get started we would appreciate your support by following our YouTube Channel, following/liking us on your iTunes, Spotify or your favorite host via Anchor. You can also support us by making a small donation to keep our costs down. We are also doing these shows live, so you can find us on Twitter/Periscope, YouTube Live and Twitch Thursdays around 9 PM Eastern.
Beers of the Week
We begin each show by letting you know what we are drinking. Feel free to share with us your favorites or your thoughts on our choices on Twitter @F6P_Joe and @AppleGarthAlgar.
2021 NL West Preview
Get in on some Best Ball MLB leagues at Underdog fantasy with promo code SIXPACK and get your money back after a month if you are unhappy.
Participate in free five-minute mock drafts and get real-time live drafting advice with the Fantasy Pros Draft Wizard.
With help from Blair, we will go team-by-team in the NL West.
First, we will discuss the new arrivals for each team. Followed then by the projected lineup according to RosterResource.
Next for each team, we will ask some burning questions that Fantasy Baseball players will want to know the answer to. Below are the questions for each team.
- Is Zac Gallen‘s streak of seasons with under a three ERA sustainable?
- Can Ketel Marte return to his 2019 production?
- Should Christian Walker be a target as CI option?
- What do we do with Charlie Blackmon after his terrible 2020?
- Can Trevor Story continue to be elite without Nolan Arenado?
- Is Daniel Bard a solid closer option late in drafts?
Los Angeles Dodgers
- Is Corey Seager fully back to being a superstar after a bad stretch between 2018 and 2019?
- Is Max Muncy underrated considering he has hit 35 HR the last two full seasons?
- The oft-injured is discounted compared to previous seasons, is he worth the risk?
San Diego Padres
- Can Chris Paddock thrive again now that he will be at best SP3 for the Dodgers?
- Can Tommy Pham get back to his 20/20 ways after a poor 2020?
- Is Fernando Tatis Jr. worth the No. 1 pick over Acuna, Betts and Soto?
- Prediction for the second base battle?
San Francisco Giants
- Is the power from Mike Yastrzemski legit?
- Can we trust Kevin Gausman to continue his success he found in SF?
Check the rest of our 2021 Fantasy Baseball content from our great team of writers.