Welcome to The Fantasy Six Pack Hour Podcast. A.J. Applegarth will join me as my co-host. This week we will be covering the 2019 Pitcher Preview.
Our guest this week is Dennis Sosic, writer for Fantasy Six Pack. If you don't already be sure to follow him on Twitter @CALL_ME_SOS.
We lead off with questions about unsigned pitchers Dallas Keuchel and Craig Kimbrel. Where are we comfortable drafting them since we are just a couple of weeks away from the start of the season? There is also a slew of pitchers injured or with question marks headed into the season including Carlos Martinez, Alex Reyes, Luis Severino and more. Just how do we handle them?
2019 Pitcher Preview
Beer of the Week
Get real-time live draft assistance using the FantasyPros Draft Wizard.
Dennis helps gives us how he attacks the starting pitcher position in 2019. It is a popular opinion to attack starting pitching early this year, does he agree?
- Clayton Kershaw injured again. Confidence on him this season.
- Thoughts on fallen stars, Marcus Stroman and Michael Fulmer.
- Where do you draft the stars on the decline such as Jon Lester and Madison Bumgarner?
- German Marquez broke out last season, can he repeat given he pitches in Coors?
- Is Trevor Bauer officially at Ace status?
- Good but injury-prone pitchers, Charlie Morton and Hyun-Jin Ryu are they worth drafting knowing they will miss some time?
- Chris Paddack is turning heads in Spring Training. Predictions and thoughts on other prospects this season.
We each give one under-rated and over-rated starting pitcher.
Dennis helps gives us how he attacks the relief pitcher position in 2019. When does he take the plunge into the position given the lack of locked in closers?
- Will Edwin Diaz thrive in New York like he did last season?
- Trevor May is in the mix for the closer role in Minnesota after dominating as a reliever last year. Is he the man to own?
- Who are the closers that "have the job" that you want to avoid in drafts?
- Committee talk: Red Sox, White Sox and Cardinals.
We each give one under-rated and over-rated relief pitcher.
My TGFBI draft is done. I was not high on my team last week. See how my draft finished out and get A.J.'s reaction.
There is also a projected standing for all 300+ teams. Find out where mine finished post-draft. You might be surprised.
Check out the rest of our 2019 Fantasy Baseball content from our great team of writers.